NAMI Emerging Leaders Program
The North American Meat Institute and leaders across animal protein are uniting in the largest-ever effort to strengthen animal protein’s contributions to healthy people, healthy animals, healthy communities, and a healthy environment through the Protein PACT for People, Animals and the Climate of Tomorrow. Our vision is to better align the industry with consumer, customer and investor expectations and drive future success of our member businesses.
The new Emerging Leaders Program applies this vision to future industry executives, and is designed to guide and prepare mid to senior level meat industry professionals ready to take the next step in their leadership journey. While staying committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, this unique program convenes classes of NAMI members for a multi-faceted, year-long curriculum centered around the core pillars of NAMI’s Protein PACT, which are, animal welfare, environmental impact, food safety, health and wellness, and labor and human rights.
This program prepares participants with the knowledge and understanding, at both the industry level and operational level, they need to champion continuous improvement within their own organizations and the industry.
Participants will receive a curated experience, build relationships with their peers, develop leadership skills and learn to become leaders of their business and champions of Protein PACT and the meat industry.
Applications Close September 7th, 2021
- Be an employee of a NAMI member company or a Protein PACT partner
- Be a mid to senior level executive at the time the application is received
- Have the support of senior management at your organization
- Join one of NAMI’s committees listed
- International Affairs
- Communications and Marketing
- Worker Safety and Health
- Labor and Employment
- Animal Welfare
- Health and Wellness
- Environmental Affairs
- Scientific Affairs (SAC)
- Food Safety and Inspection Affairs (FSIAC)
- Plan to attend the Virtual Networking and Protein PACT Presentation briefing webinar to be held shortly after winner announcement (October 2021)
- Plan to attend the 2021 Protein PACT Conference (October 28-29, 2021, San Antonio, TX)
- Plan to attend at least two of NAMI’s
annual conferences listed below:
- Environmental/Worker Safety/Labor & Employment Conference, Spring 2022
- Meat Industry Food Safety Conference, Fall 2022
- Animal Care and Handling Conference, Fall 2022
- Annual Meat Conference, Spring 2022
- Advanced Listeria monocytogenes Intervention and Control Workshop, Spring 2022
- Advanced Listeria monocytogenes Intervention and Control Workshop, Fall 2022
- Plan to attend the 2022 Protein PACT Conference
- Plan to attend at least five webinars hosted by NAMI throughout the year
- Plan to attend two virtual discussion forums to be scheduled at a later time
- Program is limited to 10 candidates (limit one selected participant per company)
- Applications open August 1st and close September 7th
- The ten selected individuals will be announced by September 15th, 2021.
- To determine winners, answers will be
scored on the following factors:
- Commitment to continuous improvement efforts in the meat industry
- Individual initiative
- Leadership potential
- Communication/clarity of information
The ten winners will receive the following:
- Complimentary registration for the for the 2021 & 2022 Protein PACT Conferences, annual conferences, and NAMI hosted webinars.
- Invitation to board meetings and networking events
- Winners will be partnered with an industry mentor to help guide them throughout the year
- Meet and greet with keynote speaker at the Protein PACT Conferences
- Other networking opportunities
Questions? Please contact Megan McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org.